2 medium Jerusalem Artichokes (sunchokes)
2 c spelt or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Herbs: basil, coriander, thyme, sage, dill…any of your favorites
½ tsp salt
½ each of a turnip and parsnip
1 stalk celery
½ cup soy milk
½ to 1 c water
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Finely chop artichoke into very small pieces and place in bowl with spelt/ flour, baking soda, baking powder, herbs and salt
3. Grate carrot, turnip and parsnip and add to mix.
4. Finely slice celery and add to mix
5. Add soy milk, maple syrup and enough water to moisten the entire mixture
6. Pour into greased baking pan or bread pan and bake for 30-35 minute or until skewer pierced through middle of bread comes out clean.
7. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Yields 1 loaf
Recipe source: A Meal for All Seasons by OPIRG Guelph