OUR MISSION STATEMENT
we strive to grow food security and educate the public on permaculture, organic and urban safe food growing practices throughout the South Etobicoke region and west Toronto regions. We strive to support, connect and create spaces that support vulnerable communities and anyone that wants and needs access to healthy, fresh, and affordable food. While creating healthier communities might have complex situations and processes we simply focus on the growing community “one plant at a time”.
Our Leadership Focus
- Build community strength by offering free plants and nature education at related events in our neighbourhoods.
- Facilitate wildlife restoration through wild garden practices and education and park clean-ups.
- Bring programs and wildlife gardens to schools in our community to introduce youth to sound gardening and environmental practices.
- Partner with youth, seniors, and local community groups to develop a strong South Etobicoke web of programs, workshops, and information.
We have a Sustainable, Community food forest garden with permaculture and organic principles at the Daily Bread Food Bank, located at 191 New Toronto St, Etobicoke, ON M8V 2E7.
We also Extend our gardens beyond boundaries of property and support all people growing plants in their own gardens and exchanging plants, seeds and conversations.
Become a LEGS member and start saving today :
- Access to and contribute to our large community food garden
- Access to seed library at the Eco Hub Meeting place, The Healing Muse Apothecary, located at 2859 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8V 1H1
- Experience and conversations that will expand foraging, gardening, harvesting and living in a naturalized urban environment.
Click here to join our Newsletter!
Click here for more membership information.
Become a LEGS member now!
If you would like to sign up or wish to renew,
download our form: LEGS Membership Form.