November 26, 2020
Welcome to LEGS
Lakeshore Environmental Gardening Society
– Bringing communities together one plant at a time.
COME. JOIN. PARTICIPATE.
Take our Garden Steward Survey —–> here
LEGS is located in the heart of South Etobicoke where the breeze from the lake makes for later springs, cooler summers and longer falls. It’s a special area where you are never far from water and a natural area, whether it’s Lake Ontario, Etobicoke Creek, Mimico Creek, or the Humber River.
Rooted in this patch of geography LEGS is a community group dedicated to green spaces, green thumbs, fresh ideas, and healthy environments. We share resources, ideas, information. We welcome local gardeners to meet, share ideas and gardening tips and work on saving the environment one plant at a time.
Our main garden is located at the Daily Bread Food Bank, located at 191 New Toronto St, Etobicoke, ON M8V 2E7.
Covid-19 Protocols: Currently our garden is open to the public, volunteers and members. However need to follow strict social measures for Covid-19.
- Bring your own tools when possible. Disinfect tools when required to use tools from the shed. Do not share tools and always where gloves and personal mask.
- Practice 6ft physical distance or 2 metres.
- No more than 10 people working in the garden at a time.
- The Garden is only used for food security purposes.
Follow our Action:
Summer 2020 Event:
Free Beneficial Insect Release and give away! Get and learn about Lacewings, Leafcutter bees, rove beetles, and Parasitic Wasps! They are all harmless and beneficial!
Meet up at the Healing Muse Apothecary for pick up.
We had the most fun releasing helpful, beneficial insects into the urban wild! Read more about this project here