Looking for ways of using your garden herbs? Try this simple dip made from dried herbs, garlic, and olive oil.
• 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Using a spice or coffee grinder, grind together red and black peppers, dried herbs, garlic powder,
minced garlic, and salt.
2. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of herb mixture onto a small plate. Pour a thin layer of olive oil on top, and serve. Store remaining mixture in an air-tight container.
Tip – Keep the minced garlic separate and serve it along side the oil & spices – for those who wish to keep their breath sweet or allergic.