AGM and Spring Compost Garden Meeting – Come join in Refreshments, meet local gardeners and share growing this season!
Our APRIL LEGS meeting is our AGM!
Date: Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Agenda and Topics for our
AGM and Spring Compost Garden Meeting
Presentation by LE LUONG from Nugrowth Bio
– TAKING WASTE AND MAKING THINGS GROW IN YOUR GARDENS! –
Nurture Growth Bio is a circular economy project created by a group of passionate scientists and entrepreneurs who share a common goal: to fight climate change and reduce our carbon footprint.
Our solution, we rescue food waste and use innovative science, with a little help from Mother Nature and beneficial microorganisms, to transform it into safe, earth-friendly fertilizers that give back to the soil and add vitality to your garden.
Connect with Le:
LE LUONG – CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & COFOUNDER (SHE/HER)
Presentation on our “Pollinator Garden Project”
Project Overview & Our Plan for 2023/2024 – Julie Stoyka
Slide Show – where we were to now! – Monika Meulman
Join us in this long term community project! – Details coming soon –
Learn more about this in our AGM presentation.
AGM COMPOST GARDEN MEETING DETAILS CONTINUED:
Volunteers & Board Elections 2023/2024
– Volunteer Recognition
– Election of LEGS Board for 2023-24
Note about LEGS Board-
Our current LEGS Board consists of 6 Directors-
– 2 Co Chairpersons- Nancy Durrant, Barbara Keaveney
– Treasurer- Mary Ellen Mathison
– Secretary- Dorota Rajewska
– Project Director- Julie Stoyka
– Director of Community Outreach- Monika Meulman
All of the above Directors are continuing their positions for one more year, to 2024
We are opening up to add 2 Directors to the LEGS Board
– 1. Membership Director
2. Director of Social Media
If you would like to apply for either of these positions, please read the job descriptions below. If you are interested, send a note to us here telling us why you would like to apply for the position, and what relevant qualifications you might have.
Please reply by Friday, April 15. We will vote on these 2 positions at our AGM.
We would also like to make a list of volunteers who would be willing to work on committees for specific events.
We hope to see you on April 18!
JOIN US FOR FUN EVENTS!
DESCRIPTION FOR SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR POSITION AT LEGS
Our LEGS Social Media Director (guru – growing our online plant conversations and presence)
Estimated Volunteer Time: 1-2 hours per week (or more, if you wish more volunteer hours)
- follow conversations on the internet while interacting with the public at the same time
- responsible for monitoring trending hashtags and topics
- integrate our posts with other local community groups and projects online (replying to comments and DMs, asking questions, tagging related garden groups, members and key community contacts)
- Encourage greater social media participation
- work with our director of Community Outreach and Projects/Events Director to further promote a brand,
- keep in touch with our Membership Director and Co-Chairs to keep tabs on current events to share
- help us Identify opportunities to influence public outreach through audience engagement and publicly speaking about LEGS meetings, programs and projects
Your Skills – how you shine:
- love to be in the know and keep a pulse on what’s new in the community
- love sharing information on your phone or laptop and are good at it
- are comfortable on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- are comfortable in the garden with flowers, soil, worms as much as in groups and social settings with community members
- are a member of LEGS
- are familiar with our sustainable practices and community oriented garden steward priniciples
Typical Tasks (weekly)
– checking each of their LEGS social media accounts
- like and explore new posts, respond to follower comments and record the reception of past social media posts (and any requests)
- forward requests, questions to appropriate director
- monthly participate in LEGS meetings
- bimonthly participate in LEGS board meetings
- be able to present social media analytics in meetings.
LEGS Membership Director:
- Keep our current membership spreadsheet up-to-date in a timely manner with information re. members
- Coordinate with LEGS Board, Treasurer and Garden Coordinator (Lola) re. current membership status on a monthly basis
- Keep a record of “Daily Bread Food Bank Volunteer” sheets completed by members
- Encourage membership renewal at end of membership year (April 1 to March 31)
- Answer questions re. membership that are forwarded to you
- Attend monthly (Sept.-June) LEGS Board Meetings on Zoom ( usually Tuesday evenings- 1 hour)