We are already thinking about spring…and our upcoming Seedy Saturday / Seed Swap events in the early spring. So, if you wish to donate seeds, please send an email with the subject line of SEED DONATION to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch.
How we like our seeds:
- Open-pollinated, and non-hybrid
- Completely dry
- Flower, vegetable, and herbs seeds are welcome. Heirloom seeds are very welcome!
How to save seeds:
- Collect seeds when they are mature and not from rotten or diseased plants/fruit.
- Allow seeds to dry on the living plant whenever possible before collecting.
- Once collected, you can finish drying the seeds in paper bags, or place them on paper towel on a cookie sheet.
- When they are dry, place them in clearly labelled envelopes or small glass jars. Once in containers, try to keep in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
How to drop off seed donations
- Send us an email to arrange pick-up or drop off at email@example.com
- Drop seeds off at any of our events!
Labelling Seed Donations
- Please carefully label each container (envelope, jar, etc.) with the:
- NAME of the seed,
- DATE it was collected
- WHERE it was collected (rough idea, like ‘Mimico’)