Our Monthly Meet Up is back!
Date: Tuesday, January 24th, 2023
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
Location: Longbranch Public Library, 3500 Lake Shore Boulevard West,
Toronto, ON M8W 1N6
Seed Saving & Starting Presentation
Our first monthly garden meeting in 2023 will be an evening event all about seeds. From starting and sowing seeds, to collecting, saving and storing them, we will cover the basics for home gardeners who are ready to start growing plants in 2023! We are also really excited to be able to meet up in person at Longbranch Public Library.
Why come out to our Garden Meeting?
January is the perfect time to start dreaming about your garden. We have a great evening planned with:
- a formal presentation by our special guest, Julie Stoyka, on:
- what you need to successfully start seeds (materials, lighting, etc.)
- sowing seeds at the right time for best success
- collecting seeds (both garden and wild)
- saving seeds once they are collected
- storing seeds for the future
- seed starting demo
- seed envelop making
- some fun seed activities, and
- LOTS of seeds to give away and share! Our Seed Library is available for you after the meeting.
Everyone is welcome.
- Share your seeds
- Pick up free seeds
- Join our garden group
Are you far away from our Awesome, Eco Loving, Etobicoke Garden Group?
Not to worry. Check out the latest map of all the #seedysaturday events listed on the Seeds of Diversity website:
Get a complete list of #seedysaturday events at the Seeds of Diversity Website here
1 thought on “Seed Starting Basics – Jan. 24th LEGS Meeting”
Seed starting is the start of great opportunities.
Comments are closed.